Stephen Koukoulas has a rare and specialised professional experience over more than 25 years as an economist in Treasury, as Global Head of economic and market research, a Chief Economist for two major banks and as economic advisor to the Prime Minister.
What is happening in the Australian economy? How important is China or the rest of the world to our well-being. Consumers are spending again, housing is booming despite the naysayers. The Aussie dollar has fallen sharply, will it keep going? What about interest rates, vital for big and small business and mortgage holders alike. What about the budget, does a surplus matter? What do cuts in government spending mean? All of these questions and more can be addressed in Stephen's presentation on cause and effect in economics.
This presentation can include analysis and information on the influence of:
- Financial markets
- Consumer spending
- The Budget
- Interest rates and inflation
- The world economy
- Jobs and the labour market
- The effect of politics on your business segment
If you need a reliable, accurate, thought provoking and informed economic forecasting at both local and international levels, look no further. Informed by Stephen's exceptionally broad experience and background, his presentation ties together complex policy changes with current macroeconomic data to provide comprehensive insights into how unfolding economic trends will impact on you and your business.
This presentation can be tailored to include a wide range of topics including:
- Where the economy is going
- Which sectors are strong? Which are in decline?
- What are the economic opportunities in the near term or over the next few years?
- Given no one has perfect foresight, what are the main economic risks ahead?
- Local and international forces
- Commodity prices and China?